Rugged, Conduction Cooled, 6U OpenVPX Intel® Xeon® E5 CPU Server with Add-in I/O and Multi-Port LAN
- Rugged, 6U OpenVPX dual slot air-cooled module
- Dual 2.3 GHz Intel® Xeon® E5 each up to 14 cores
- Hyper-Threading on each core for a up to 56 logical cores
- Supports up to 1024GB of RAM with ECC up to 2133 MT/s
- 35 MB unified instruction/data cache for each CPU
- Up to 80 lanes of Gen 3 PCIe and 8 lanes of Gen 2 PCIe
- Two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports with Fiber/Copper
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports with TCP/IP offload engine
- Support for one Enterprise Class x4 PCIe SSD
- Developed in alignment with the SOSA™ Technical Standard
I/O AND EXPANSION OPTIONS
- Support for one x8 XMC site (omit removable SSD)
- 4 USB 3.0 ports, eight GPI/O lines and HD Video video
- Baseboard Management Controller for system diagnostics
- Front panel 144x16 LCD display with keypad
- Two SAM™ I/O sites (MIL-STD-1553, Wi-Fi/BT, GPS, etc.)
- 16MB BIOS Flash and 2Kb EEPROM for FRU information
- Support for Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- Intel® Virtualization Technology
- Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
- Active Management Technology (AMT) for remote KVM
- Converged Platform Power Management (CPPM)
- Panic support for system Zeroize
- Voltage and temperature monitoring, plus reporting
SWaP-E: Greatest computing density in one 6U VME card
Weight: 5 lbs.
Power: As low as 110W
MIL-STD: MIL-STD-810G, MIL-S-901D, MIL-STD-461F and DO-160D
Temperature: Operates up to extended temp -40°C to +85°C (Optional)
Ruggedness: Available in ruggedization levels R1-R3
The VPXC400 “Phoenix” is a Xeon-class, VPX-based “blade” server intended for ATR or vetronics chassis. It is a dual slot conduction-cooled 6U OpenVPX module with an intelligent Ethernet switch boasting twelve 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports and two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports. This module supports a Xeon® E5 processor (E5-26xx v4) up to 18 physical cores with Hyper-Threading for a total of 36 logical cores operating at up to 2.1 GHz with the ability to TurboBoost up to 3.3 GHz. To harvest this incredible CPU performance, the CPU is coupled with up to 512 GB of DDR4 RAM organized in four banks. Each RAM bank consists of two DDR4 DIMM arrays with Error Correcting Code (ECC). The ECC RAM provides 2-bit error detection with 1-bit of correction, and supports up to 2133 Mega Transfers per Second (MTS) between CPU and memory.
Phoenix also provides twelve 1 Gigabit and two 10 Gigabit Ethernet managed switch ports. The Layer 2/3 managed switch silicon and firmware is from Microsemi and has an advanced GUI for network configuration such as the creation of VLANs for local packet routing. The switch can be omitted as a value-engineering option, although the 10 Gigabit ports remain standard. A separate 1 GbE Service port is also included to configure or remotely query the SBC separately from the managed switch.
Additionally, there are four USB 2.0 ports, four SATA III ports, four PCIe ports (three x1 and one x16 lanes), a VGA/DVI-D video port, and dual COM ports with RS-232/422/485 provided to the VPXC400 backplane. For custom I/O, the SBC provides one XMC site with x8 Gen 3 PCIe, an optional MXM site for GPU graphics, and an optional M.2 bootable SSD. The SBC provides two Special Application Module (SAM) sites which support two mSATA SSD devices that may be used to boot the Operating System (OS) with RAID functions. Additional SAM I/O devices such as GPS, MIL-STD-1553, CAN bus, or other PCI Express-Mini cards may be used as well. Other I/O functions of the CPU module include: Trusted Platform Module (TPM), eight GPIO lines, 16 MB BIOS Flash, Real Time Clock (RTC) with field replaceable battery, and voltage/temperature monitoring via I2C bus. The CPU module also provides an incredible 19 lanes of PCIe Gen 3 support for I/O expansion via its VPX P1-P5 connectors.
Phoenix is developed in alignment with the SOSA™ Technical Standard.
Since its inception in 1979, General Micro Systems, Inc. (GMS) has been true to its mission statement: To Become the World’s Leading Technology Independent Supplier of Computing Engines, while Providing the Best Price/Performance, Quality and Customer Support, Demanded by Our Current and Our Future Customers.
All GMS products are proudly designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
General Micro Systems, Inc.
8358 Maple Pl. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
Local (909) 980-4863
Toll Free (800) 307-4863