Rugged, Ultra-High Performance, 6U OpenVPX Bus Extension/Expansion Card
- PCIe-over-cable local bus extension for inter-/intra chassis expansion for coprocessors
- Rugged, 6U OpenVPX single slot air-cooled module
- Two iPass™ links of x16 lanes, 32 lanes total, of external PCIe Gen 3 available for bus expansion and local networking
- Four 40/10 Gigabit Ethernet ports with Fiber/Copper
- Interoperable with One Stop Systems™ PCIe Expansion Chassis
- Adds GPGPU, data mining, block chain/hash engines onto local PCIe 3.0 bus
- Designed to extend/expand PCIe 3.0 switch fabric between boxes, chassis, and rackmount servers
- Intelligent off-load to enable high performance data exchange with Intel® Xeon® processor-based servers
- Network Virtualization off-loads including VXLAN, NVGRE, Geneve, and Network Service Headers (NSH)2
- Developed in alignment with the SOSA™ Technical Standard
I/O AND EXPANSION OPTIONS
- PCI-over-cable bus extension
- 32 lanes PCIe Gen 3, dual x16
- Industry-standard iPass™ connectors
- Four 40/10 GbE Ethernet via QSFP+ inserts
- Copper or fiber media option
SWaP-E: I/O Expansion
Size: 6U OpenVPX; Designed to VITA 46, VITA 48
Weight: Less than 3 lbs.
Power: Less than 50 W
MIL-STD: MIL-STD-810G, MIL-S-901D, MIL-STD-461F and DO-160D
Temperature: Operates up to extended temp -20°C to +75°C (Optional)
Ruggedness: Available in ruggedization levels R1-R3
The VPX-XPANSE is a single slot OpenVPX module which provides an incredible 32 lanes of PCIe Gen 3 for external I/O expansion as well as four 40/10 Gigabit Ethernet ports. Up to 256 GT/s and 160 Gbits/s maximum LAN bandwidth is available to external chassis and servers for inter- and intra-system bus extension with minimal latency.
The VPX-XPANSE module provides four 40/10 Gigabit Ethernet ports via QSPF+ connectors for Fiber or Copper support. The channels are backwards compatible to 10 GbE. Unmatched features are provided for low latency, interoperability, optimization, and VLAN support.
Dual x16 PCIe Gen 3 industry-standard iPass™ connectors are chosen for maximum interoperability with external chassis and systems, like those from One Stop Systems™. Up to 256 GT/s are available for low latency data movement between off-board and in-board systems. All external connections appear to the local processors as within the local memory space, hence maximizing data transfers and enabling advanced DMA schemes, including RDMA, scatter-gather, and atomic operations.
The VPX-XPANSE is a data and bus expansion module designed for use in the APEX system and other PCIe-based OpenVPX chassis.
Owing to its industry standardization, high performance, and low costs, PCIe-over-cable is well suited for connection to high speed I/O, bus expansion and local networking.
With PCIe-over-cable, a wide array of devices can be directly connected to expand processing and I/O. Such applications include GPGPU, block chain/hash engines, high performance computing (HPC), data mining, and other hyper-speed co-processors. Expansion can also bring onto the local bus remote disk arrays and other data acquisition subsystems. In addition, PCIe-over-cable can be used for high speed memory-to-memory transfers and/or used as a very fast TCP/IP connection, with application compatibility to standard Ethernet.
HPC/HPEC and multi-computing can be accomplished using PCIe Gen 3 through a combination of non-transparent bridging and CPU-to-CPU communications software. This technology expands the applicability of PCIe to a wide variety of high-end applications, including radar and sonar analysis, medical imaging, GPGPU co-processing, HPC, block chain/hash engine, test and measurement and high-performance computing inter-communications.
The VPX-XPANSE is developed in alignment with the SOSA™ Technical Standard
Since its inception in 1979, General Micro Systems, Inc. (GMS) has been true to its mission statement: To Become the World’s Leading Technology Independent Supplier of Computing Engines, while Providing the Best Price/Performance, Quality and Customer Support, Demanded by Our Current and Our Future Customers.
All GMS products are proudly designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
General Micro Systems, Inc.
8358 Maple Pl. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
Local (909) 980-4863
Toll Free (800) 307-4863