Since 1979 General Micro Systems (GMS) has flourished because of our dedicated and loyal employees who appreciate that hard work reaps high reward. GMS is intently focused on providing employees with quality benefits and a pleasant work environment because we understand the importance of taking care of our own.
• Over 50 percent of our employees have been with GMS for 5 years or more and 25 percent of those have been with us 10 - 20+ years.
• Since its inception, GMS has never undergone employee layoffs.
• Our company is 100% privately owned and not reliant on outside investors.
• GMS places high priority on organic, internal growth and encourages promotion from within.
Competitive Benefits Package:
• General Micro Systems offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, company provided life insurance and a 401K retirement plan to all regular full-time employees.
• We offer educational benefits to qualifying full-time employees, encouraging schooling in order to foster careers.
• GMS provides regular full-time employees 1 week to 3 weeks of accrued paid vacation per year and 5 accrued sick days annually. In addition, we offer 14 paid “Holidays” per year as a combination of company observed and employee Floating Holidays.
• GMS provides a culture that is diverse, very family oriented and sensitive to family related issues.
• We are extremely sensitive to different religions and beliefs. We will respectfully accommodate an employee’s request for time off in observance of religious holidays.
Skilled & Friendly Management:
• GMS prides itself on its horizontal management team and our open door policy.
• We strongly believe that open communication between management and employees nurtures growth and opportunity.
• Our Managers make note to acknowledge special days for employees, such as birthdays, family milestones, etc.
• Our Human Resources department truly champions employees, encouraging employee development and fostering a friendly workplace.